FINANCE, ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
79.Data Protection Authority of India Funds
(1) There shall be constituted a Fund to be called the Data Protection Authority Fund to which the following shall be credited—
(a) all Government grants, fees and charges received by the Authority under
this Act; and
(b) all sums received by the Authority from such other source as may be decided upon by the Central Government.
(2) The Data Protection Authority Fund shall be applied for meeting—
(i) the salaries, allowances and other remuneration of the Chairperson,
Members, officers, employees, consultants and experts appointed by the
(ii) the other expenses of the Authority in connection with the discharge of its functions and for the purposes of this Act.
80.Accounts and Audit.
(1) The Authority shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records
and prepare an annual statement of accounts in such form as may be
prescribed in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of
(2) The accounts of the Authority shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India at such intervals as may be prescribed and any expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shall be reimbursed to him by the Authority.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any other person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Authority shall have the same rights and privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India generally has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts and, in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers, and to inspect any of the offices of the Authority.
(4) The accounts of the Authority as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India in this behalf together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and the Central Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of the Parliament.
81. Furnishing of returns, etc., to Central Government.
(1) The Authority shall furnish to the Central Government at such time and in such form and manner as may be prescribed or as the Central Government may direct, such returns and statements (including statement on enforcement action taken) and such particulars in regard to any proposed or existing programme for the promotion and development of protection of personal data, as the Central Government from time to time, require.
(2) The Authority shall prepare once every year in such form and at such time as may be prescribed, an annual report giving a summary of its activities during the previous year and copies of the report shall be forwarded to the Central Government.
(3) A copy of the report prepared under sub-section (2) shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is received, before each House of the Parliament.
(4) A copy of the report prepared under sub-section (2) shall also be made publicly available by the Authority.